WHEN DOES BJC 2019 START / END?
- expected arrival of the participants 29.12.2019 from 16:00
- official end of the event 1.1.2020 at 12:00
VENUE OF BJC
Brno Juggling Convention takes place in the facilities of the Faculty of Sports Studies (map), University campus MU, building A34, Brno, Czech Republic.
Travelling by train
Brno Main Station (in Czech: Brno hlavní nádraží) is located close to the city centre. Almost all attractions are just within a few minutes walk. In front of the main station there is a main tram junction. You can get anywhere in Brno from there. To get to the University campus take the tram no.1 direction to Mendlovo náměstí, then trolleybus no.25 to the University campus or take a bus no.60.
Travelling by coach
There are two main coach stations in Brno:
- coach station at Grand Hotel (in Czech: AN u Grand hotelu) is located in the city center. All REGIO JET coaches (recommended transport from Prague and Vienna airports) stop here. To get to the university campus from the Grand hotel coach station, take a bus no.60 or 61 or take a tram no.1 direction to Mendlovo náměstí, then trolleybus no.25.
- coach station Zvonařka (in Czech: ÚAN Zvonařka) is located close to city centre. To get to the university campus from the Zvonařka coach station, take a bus no.60 or 61 or take a tram no.1 direction to Mendlovo náměstí, then trolleybus no.25.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT in BRNO – SCHEDULES AND CONNECTION SEARCH to BJC 2019 VENUE – bus / trolleybus stop “UNIVERZITNI KAMPUS”
Travelling by plane
We recommend to arrive at Prague or Vienna International airports and then jump on comfortable REGIO JET coaches for transportation to Brno.
Travelling by car
University campus Bohunice is located near the D1 exit “Výstaviště BVV a Brno-Bohunice”. Then at the roundabout near the Campus Square shopping mall go direction to the university campus MU. At the second roundabout you will see the grey building of the Faculty of Sports Studies. Follow our BJC 2019 signs.
For the Czech highway you have to buy a vignette. The vignette can be purchased at any petrol station. The shortest one is a 10-day for 310 CZK for vehicles with total weight under 3.5 tonnes. Motorbikes are free of charge.
- D1 Prague – Brno (E50): drive when coming from Germany via Prague. Use Exit 190 “Brno Západ”.
- D1 Ostrava – Brno (E50): drive when coming from Poland. Use Exit 203 “Brno Východ”.
- D2 Bratislava – Brno (E65): drive when coming from Slovakia. The Highway terminates in Brno.
- E461 Vienna – Brno: terminates in Brno
Free parking is possible on the parking lots nearby the Campus Square shopping centre and right next to the Faculty of Sports Studies (venue of BJC) for a one-off fee 20 CZK /working days/ and 50 CZK /weekends + state holidays, including 1.1./ per one entry for unlimited number of hours/days….until you leave the gate again.
Accommodation is included in the price of the BJC 2019 fee and is provided in the gyms of the university campus in your own sleeping bag.
If you prefer accommodation in privacy, you can use the special offer of Campea apartments, right next to the BJC venue! Accommodation for a special price of 1250CZK (around 49EUR) /night/double room can be booked per mail email@example.com. Use the key word “BRNO JUGGLING CONVENTION”.
There are several possibilities around the university campus:
- Academic Restaurant within the Campus Square shopping mall, next to the Tesco hypermarket (Mon-Fri 10am-8pm, Sat-Sun 10am-6pm)
- Fast food hall in the Campus Square shopping mall, pizza, noodles, Indian restaurant (10am-8pm daily)
- Tesco hypermarket in the Campus Square shopping mall (7am-11pm daily)
- Panos café – panini, bakery in the Campus Square shopping mall (Mon-Fri 7am-8pm, Sat-Sun 9am-8pm)
- Food market SKLIZENO in the Campus Square shopping (Mon-Fri 7am-8pm, Sat-Sun 8am-8pm)
Breakfast is included in the price of the BJC fee and is provided on MON, TUE and WED at 8am-10:30am in the big hall.
Cold and warm snacks right on the convention site will be provided by tea room “Za zrcadlem” (tea, coffee, desserts, warm soups, salty quiches, etc.)
If you are interested in performing at the OPEN STAGE on SUN 29th December at 8pm, please, let us know to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It will not be possible to register an open act on site!
Galashow BJC 2019 “NEW CIRCUS AND BRNO CONTEMPORARY ORCHESTRA” will take place 30th December at 8pm, in SONO music hall, Veveří 113, Brno. The building will be open from 7:30pm for the audience. For the BJC 2019 participants special places will be reserved in the auditorium, please follow the instructions of our staff!
During BJC 2019 there will some juggling stands on site again (zonglovatka.cz, jugglequip.com). Please follow the signs and opening hours or the traders!
NEW YEAR´S EVE CELEBRATION AT BRNO JUGGLING CONVENTION
This edition of BRNO JUGGLING CONVENTION is unique by its date at the end of the year. We are looking forward to celebrate the arrival of 2020 together with you! We have prepared a great New Year´s Eve programme (31.12. at 8pm-12pm), a New Year´s Eve walk or a special workshop on your 2020 juggling resolutions, and much more…
!!! At the same time we would like to inform you, that our convention takes place in the venue of the university campus, which means on “academic grounds”, and therefore any spirits, drugs or use of pyrotechnics is strictly forbidden, not only inside the buildind but also in the close-by areas of the campus. Thank you for your strick respecting of these rules and enabling us organize another successfull and trouble-free edition of BJC. Please, be aware, that this special 2019/2020 date of BJC was permitted only under the promise of very strict safety rules. Thank you for your understanding !!!