Venue of BJC
Brno Juggling Convention takes place in the venues of the Faculty of Sports Studies (map), University campus MU, building A34, Brno, Czech Republic.
Travelling by train
Brno Main Station (in Czech: Brno hlavní nádraží) is located close to the city centre. Almost all attractions are just within a few minutes walk. In front of the main station there is a main tram junction. You can get anywhere in Brno from there. To get to the University campus take the tram no.1 direction to Mendlovo náměstí, then trolleybus no.25 to the University campus or take a bus no.60.
Travelling by coach
There are two main coach stations in Brno:
- coach station at Grand Hotel (in Czech: AN u Grand hotelu) is located in the city center. All REGIO JET coaches (recommended transport from Prague and Vienna airports) stop here. To get to the university campus from the Grand hotel coach station, take a bus no.60 or 61 or take a tram no.1 direction to Mendlovo náměstí, then trolleybus no.25.
- coach station Zvonařka (in Czech: ÚAN Zvonařka) is located close to city centre. To get to the university campus from the Zvonařka coach station, take a bus no.60 or 61 or take a tram no.1 direction to Mendlovo náměstí, then trolleybus no.25.
Travelling by plane
We recommend to arrive at Prague or Vienna International airports and then jump on comfortable REGIO JET coaches for transportation to Brno.
Travelling by car
University campus Bohunice is located near the D1 exit “Výstaviště BVV a Brno-Bohunice”. Then at the roundabout near the Campus Square shopping mall go direction to the university campus MU. At the second roundabout you will see the grey building of the Faculty of Sports Studies. Follow our BJC 2019 signs.
For the Czech highway you have to buy a vignette. The vignette can be purchased at any petrol station. The shortest one is a 10-day for 310 CZK for vehicles with total weight under 3.5 tonnes. Motorbikes are free of charge.
- D1 Prague – Brno (E50): drive when coming from Germany via Prague. Use Exit 190 “Brno Západ”.
- D1 Ostrava – Brno (E50): drive when coming from Poland. Use Exit 203 “Brno Východ”.
- D2 Bratislava – Brno (E65): drive when coming from Slovakia. The Highway terminates in Brno.
- E461 Vienna – Brno: terminates in Brno
Accommodation is included in the price of the BJC 2019 fee and is provided in the gyms of the university campus in your own sleeping bag.
There are several possibilities around the university campus:
- Academic Restaurant within the Campus Square shopping mall, next to the Tesco hypermarket (Mon-Fri 10am-8pm, Sat-Sun 10am-6pm)
- Fast food hall in the Campus Square shopping mall, pizza, noodles, Indian restaurant (10am-8pm daily)
- Tesco hypermarket in the Campus Square shopping mall (7am-11pm daily)
- Panos café – panini, bakery in the Campus Square shopping mall (Mon-Fri 7am-8pm, Sat-Sun 9am-8pm)
- Food market SKLIZENO in the Campus Square shopping (Mon-Fri 7am-8pm, Sat-Sun 8am-8pm)
Breakfast is included in the price of the BJC 2018 fee and is provided on MON, TUE and WED at 8am-10am in the big hall.
If you are interested in performing at the OPEN STAGE on SUN 29th December at 8pm, please, let us know to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It will not be possible to register an open act on site!
Galashow BJC 2019 will take place 30th December at 8pm, in SONO music hall, Veveří 113, Brno. The building will be open from 7:30pm for the audience and there are bars with refreshment on site. For the BJC 2019 participants special places will be reserved in the auditorium, please follow the instructions of our staff.
Stands with juggling equipment
During BJC 2019 there will some juggling stands on site again . Please follow their signs and opening hours.